50 Acre Preserve
Take The Tour
The Wild Encounters Tour is a guided walk through a fifty acre preserve, just 17 miles South of Barefoot Landing, where you'll meet tigers, wolves, leopards, chimpanzees, orangutans, and other endangered species, many of them up-close and un-caged!
During the tour professional photographers shoot studio quality photographs and video of the tour and the T.I.G.E.R.S. Preserve experience. This gives you the opportunity to take home a set of portraits and phenomenal videos that are incomparable to any other photo opportunity.
PRODUCTS & PRICES:
- Wild Encounters Tours are $299.00 - $and Up per person depending on availability and the season, so book your tour as far in advance as possible.
- By attending the tour you get one complimentary 8X10 photo PER GROUP of your choice from your tour.
- We offer a CD/DVD Combo of the tour.
- Our Photo CD is a professional CD portfolio of you and the animals on the tour. It includes incredible photos of your group with the animals as well as individual portraits. We also include candid shots of your day and photos of the animals themselves. You end up with several hundred photos that you have the right to reproduce as long as it is not for commercial purposes like ads, billboards, movie or television.
- The professional Video DVD's are live footage of your day on the preserve. This will have everyone from the tour that day in it, but a great way to show friends and family the fun activities at the Wild Encounter Tour. It also features behind the scenes footage of our conservation projects through The Rare Species Fund.This DVD also includes endearing stories about many of our animal ambassadors, and the incredible relationships and bonds they have formed with each other, their human companions, and trainers. These stories include the unlikely friendship of: Suryia the orangutan and Roscoe the hound, Bubbles the African elephant and her beloved friend Bella the black lab, Anjana the chimp and two white tiger cubs she raised, as well as the tale of our amazing ligers in a short documentary about their lives.
- The cost of the CD/DVD Combo is based on the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your group. The base price is $150.00 for the first person, and an additional $25.00 for each additional person in your group. This gives everyone in your group rights to copy and use the CD and DVD for non-commercial use. (example: group of 4 is $225.00)
If the tour cost is beyond your means please look into our Essay Contest here.
- No children under the age of 6 are allowed on the tour
- No still cameras or video cameras allowed
- No cell phones allowed
- No bracelets, chains, straps, long necklaces (nothing that dangles) allowed
- Do NOT wear white clothes on the tour
- No skirts or dresses on the tour (shorts are OK)
- Closed toe shoes are required - NO SANDALS OR FLIP-FLOPS
- You MUST be on our facility by 9:00am. Tours start at 10:00am. NO late arrivals are allowed - you must be on the facility by 9:00am.
- If you go to Preservation Station and do not follow the directions to the preserve from your email on the day of your tour, and you do no make it to the tour, your reservation will be forfeit and you will not be able to reschedule.
- ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR RESERVATION YOU ARE CONFIRMED! YOU WILL AT THAT TIME RECEIVE DIRECTIONS RULES AND GUIDELINES. THAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE DIRECTIONS PLEASE INFORM IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MORNING OF RESERVATION!!!!
- Wild Encounters Tours are NON-refundable.
- If for any reason you cannot make your tour date, you may reschedule to any tour date available. This option never expires.
- Tours run from March 4, 2017 to October 9, 2017.
- This year we are also open Oct 14, Oct 21, & Oct 28.
- You must arrive by 9:00am, tour begins at 10:00am and will last for approx. 3 hours.
- You generally leave the preserve around 1:30-2:00.